2023-2024 School Year
What is the Gospel?: Pastor Jared Longshore
1. What does the word “gospel” mean?
2. Who is the “seed of David according to the flesh?”
3. What does it mean “to be ashamed?”
4. Why should we not be ashamed of the gospel?
1. Explain what the word gospel means and who it is about.
2. Identify two Old Testament passages in which God promised the gospel beforehand.
3. What is the significance of Christ being the “seed of David according to the flesh?”
4. Why should we not be ashamed of the gospel?
5. And how have you personally not been ashamed of God’s gospel?
What is Classical Christian Education?: Pastor Kirk Brower
1. What makes an education “Classical”?
2. What makes an education “Christian”?
1. What necessarily makes an education “Classical”?
2. Similarly, what makes an education “Christian”?
3. How is a classical Christian education instrumental in shaping culture?
4. What is one way God has used Logos School in your life or family to help establish you as a disciple of 5. 5. Jesus Christ who will be better equipped to shape culture?
Social Media: Loren Euhus
1. What sorts of activities are good in small amounts, but become a problem in larger amounts? (ideas: video games, TV, sports, dessert,…)
3. Parents: At what age do you think your children should get a smartphone and social media? Why?
4. Students: At what age do you think you should get a smartphone and social media? Why?
1. Why is social media so compelling?
2. What does it mean that “Technology is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master”?
3. Within your family, what are the rules or guidelines for using the internet, smartphones, or social media?
4. Do you need a Sabbath rest from the internet, smartphones, or social media? What would that look like?
2022-2023 School Year
What is the Gospel? Pastor Toby Sumpter
1. What is the Gospel?
2. How did Jesus defeat Satan on the Cross?
3. How does Jesus defeat Satan in us?
1. How is the word or related words for “gospel” used in the Old Testament? What’s the common theme?
2. How did Jesus defeat the serpent-king on the Cross?
3. How does Jesus defeat the serpent-king in us?
Evolution Pastor Kirk Brower
1. What is evolution?
2. How does the Bible say that God created the world?
3. How do you know which creation story is true?
1. What are the different meanings of the word “evolution”?
2. In what way is evolution often presented (even from a highly scientific perspective) which contradicts a Christian worldview?
3. What is the evolution narrative, and how does this contradict the Genesis narrative?
4. How do we determine whether or not a narrative is true?
5. Explain one way to combat evolutionary theory with Biblical truth.
Life Between the Sexes Pastor Douglas Wilson
1. What does “obedience in the little things” mean? How does doing that get you ready for obedience later in life?
2. How can friends influence you to be a good friend to others?
3. What kind of friend are you trying to be to others?
1. Is life between the sexes limited to high school? What other aspects of life are involved?
2. What role can cliques and in-groups have on unwise decisions about relationships?
3. In thinking about relationships, what kind of person should you want to become?
4. What should you do if you know what to do? What should you not do? How does this relate to the subject of life between the sexes?
What is Education? Pastor Toby Sumpter
1. How is education a pursuit of wealth?
2. What is a “Christian” education?
3. Why is a Christian education valuable?
1. What does it mean to confess?
2. Why do you think God wants us to confess our sins to Him even after we’ve been justified in Him?
3. Is it necessary to confess our sins to others?
4. What hinders you from confessing sins right away, keeping short accounts with God and others?
5. Are there sins you need to confess right now in your life?
Honoring Parents, Pastor Douglas Wilson
Honoring Parents Q & A
1. What does it mean to honor your parents?
2. What does God promise if we honor (obey, respect) our parents?
3. In what two ways can you honor your mom and dad?
1. What is significant about Paul’s comment that the fifth commandment is the first commandment with a promise?
2. What is the scope of that promise?
3. When you and your parents are both trying to understand the other, what significant advantage do your parents have?
4. What are the two ways that children should honor their parents?
5. What is the difference between these two ways?
1. What was Achan’s sin?
2. What is the great temptation for us when we do wrong? Why?
3. What is Pastor encouraging us/you to do?
1. What is relativism?
2. What is the cause of relativism?
3. How is relativism manifested in our culture?
4. How are Christians vulnerable to relativism?
1. Why does our work have a purpose? Our work has been given to us by God
2. What has God promised to do to our work? Bless it
3. What has God given us to do our work? He has given us strength/power
1. Why should Christians think about starting a business?
2. What is the point of your vocation/business?
3. Do you need to hand out tracts to be a Christian at work?
4. Based on what I learned, how am I going to act differently next week?
1. From each of the following passages, list what God says about what you should be aiming at to be a Godly man or woman: Genesis 2: 18, 1 Thessalonians 2: 7, 11, 1 Peter 3: 1-4, 7
2. Boys, In your own words, what sort of man do you want to become?
3. Girls, In your own words, what sort of woman do you want to become?
1. What is peculiar about the sin of pornography, as opposed to the sin of adultery or fornication? (Fruitless, like homosexuality).
2. How does pornography destroy manhood? (Makes men passive)
3. How does pornography diminish womanhood? (Diminishes feminine glory)
4. Is pornography idolatrous? How so? (Rejects the Creator’s design for sex and worships self)
5. How can you ensure that you and your parents are on the same page when it comes to pornography?