The 25th Annual Logos Summer Training July 2019
FOR TEACHERS, ADMINISTRATORS, & BOARD MEMBERS
A 3½ day training for all who desire to acquire or improve their skills as classical and Christian educators, administrators, and board members.
This training is officially endorsed by the Association of Classical & Christian Schools
Registration is closed for 2018. The 2019 Teacher Training will be July 9-12, 2019.
WHEN: July 10-13, 2018 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and half day Friday)
WHERE: Logos School – 110 Baker Street in Moscow, Idaho
PLENARY SESSIONS & WORKSHOPS:
The schedule will include two plenary sessions each day and more than 100 workshop offerings throughout the 4-day event! Our 2018 plenary speakers include Douglas Wilson, Matt Whitling, Rebekah Merkle, Nate Wilson, Larry Stephenson, and Toby Sumpter. The workshops will be conducted by staff members of Logos School in Moscow, Idaho.
Workshops will be offered in multiple tracks: Grammar (Elementary), Logic & Rhetoric (Secondary), and Administrative/Board. Attendees are not locked into any one track; they may attend any session of interest.
|July 10, 11, 12||July 13|
|Tues / Wed / Thurs||Friday|
|7:45 – 8:30||breakfast||breakfast|
|8:30 – 9:15||General Plenary Session||General Plenary Session|
|9:30 – 10:30||Workshops||
|10:45 – 11:45||Workshops||Final Plenary Session|
|11:45 – 12:45||Lunch break||Thank you and goodbye|
|12:45 – 1:30||General Plenary Session|
|1:45 – 2:45||Workshops|
|3:00 – 4:00||Workshops|
Download the Detailed Schedule in PDF form.
Teacher training is designed for all major subject areas (grades kindergarten through twelve) using the classical method. Workshops will include time to discuss the methodology of each concept and various methods of teaching the material. Administrators and board members will concentrate on the practical and philosophical considerations of operating a classical, Christian school.
REGISTRATION & FEES:
- The fee for attendees is $315. This fee includes lunch each day.
- Group Rate: $290/per person for groups of 4 or more from the same school. Register all under the same account, and the discount is automatically applied.
- There is a $25.00 late fee for registrations made after June 30.
- No refunds will be given after June 30.
Registration is close for 2018.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
An ACCS endorsed certificate indicating the completion of this summer training will be issued to each participant.
ATTENDEE TESTIMONIALS – LOGOS TEACHER TRAINING
“All of the instructors were extremely approachable, available for questions and advice, and were willing to share ideas and resources freely. What a blessing!”
“Thank you so much! This training has been invaluable and I know will bless me so much going into my first year teaching!”
“I feel very blessed by the things I’ve learned this week, and excited for school to begin again.”
“I will go home with invaluable wisdom, ideas, resources, inspiration, knowledge, and passion because of what I’ve gained here. Thank you for following Christ in your mission and for serving all of us in this most special of ways.”
TRAVEL AND LOGISTICS:
Moscow, Idaho is a very pleasant community of 25,000 and is located in a lovely piece of Creation. (For general Moscow visitor information, see www.moscowchamber.com.)
But it is also a small, somewhat isolated town…just getting here will be a bit of a challenge for you. We are very mindful of the sacrifices you are making to come here. We will do our very best to ensure your sacrifices are rewarded.
Airports: We have 3 airports that are good possibilities:
1) Moscow/Pullman Airport (PUW). About 6 miles from the school. This is a small commercial airport served by Alaska/Horizon through the Seattle hub. It is very convenient, but not always the cheapest; definitely worth checking because it’s so close.
2) Lewiston, Idaho (LWS). About 35 miles from the school. This is a small commercial airport served by Delta through the Salt Lake City hub.
3) Spokane, WA. (GEG). About 87 miles from the school, but there is never any traffic so it takes only about 90 minutes. This is a medium-sized airport, but the biggest in the whole Inland Northwest. Airlines include: Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United. Often this airport is the cheapest, because of the competition and volume.
Hotels: We have 3 good hotels within walking distance of the school and more that are within a few miles.
- The Best Western University Inn (less than half a mile from the school) – Best Western does provide complimentary shuttles to the Moscow-Pullman airport.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites (less than half a mile from the school)
- Motel 6 (literally across the street from the school)
- La Quinta (about 1 mile away from the school)
- Within 8 miles of the school, there are another dozen hotel options.
OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST:
Other Classical Christian publishers and educators will have representatives and material at the training:
For more information, please contact Logos School Teacher Training:
- 208.882.1226 (phone for the main office of Logos School)
- Teacher Training Coordinators: Larry Stephenson and Loren Euhus