Logos Summer Training is a two-day intensive training for all who desire to acquire or improve their skills as classical and Christian educators, administrators, and board members. Our Summer Training instructors are Logos teachers and administrators, and occasionally board members. We’ve held this training annually for 26 years, except in 2020 which was canceled due to COVID shutdowns. This training is officially endorsed by ACCS (the Association of Classical & Christian Schools).
WHERE: Logos School – 110 Baker Street in Moscow, Idaho 83843.
208.882.1226 (main office of Logos School). Extension 12 for Loren Euhus / teacher training.
Teacher Training Coordinator: Loren Euhus, Assistant Superintendent
PLENARY SESSIONS & WORKSHOPS:
The schedule will include two plenary sessions each day and more than 50 workshop offerings. The workshops will be conducted by staff members of Logos School in Moscow, Idaho.
Workshops will be offered in multiple tracks: Grammar (Elementary), Logic & Rhetoric (Secondary), and Administrative/Board. Attendees are not locked into any one track; they may attend any session of interest. At check-in, you will receive a workbook with schedules, workshop outlines, maps, etc. Additional handouts will be provided for some sessions. Bring some pens, highlighters, and perhaps sticky notes.
Teacher training is designed for all major subject areas (grades kindergarten through twelve) using the classical method. Workshops will include time to discuss the methodology of each concept and various methods of teaching the material. Administrators and board members will concentrate on the practical and philosophical considerations of operating a classical, Christian school.
Every morning and afternoon will begin with a plenary session, followed by hour-long workshops to choose from. We will allow time for Q & A in each workshop. Come prepared to interact! There will also be informal opportunities to get to know others and tap their knowledge.
A brief overview of a day at training:
|7:30 AM||Check-in, Coffee, and Fellowship|
|8:15 AM||Singing and Welcome|
|8:30 AM||Morning Plenary Session|
|9:30 AM||Workshop choice|
|10:45 AM||Workshop choice|
|12:45 PM||Afternoon Plenary Session|
|1:45 PM||Workshop Choice|
|3:00 PM||Workshop Choice|
|4:00 PM||End of Day|
The full schedule for 2021 can be downloaded here (subject to minor changes and updates).
REGISTRATION & FEES:
Registration fee includes the following: conference workbook, certificate of completion, and catered lunches.
The fee for attendees is $250, with a $25 discount before June 15th.
Group Rate: $25 off per person, for groups of 4 or more from the same school.
No refunds will be given after June 30.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
An ACCS endorsed certificate indicating the completion of this summer training will be issued to each participant.
“All of the instructors were extremely approachable, available for questions and advice, and were willing to share ideas and resources freely. What a blessing!”
“Thank you so much! This training has been invaluable and I know will bless me so much going into my first year teaching!”
“I feel very blessed by the things I’ve learned this week, and excited for school to begin again.”
“I will go home with invaluable wisdom, ideas, resources, inspiration, knowledge, and passion because of what I’ve gained here. Thank you for following Christ in your mission and for serving all of us in this most special of ways.”
TRAVEL AND LOGISTICS:
Moscow, Idaho is a pleasant community of 25,000 and is located in a lovely piece of Creation. (For general Moscow visitor information, see www.moscowchamber.com)
But it is also a small, somewhat isolated town…just getting here will be a bit of a challenge for you. We are very mindful of the sacrifices you are making to come here. We will do our very best to ensure your sacrifices are rewarded.
Airports: We have 3 airports that are good possibilities:
1) Moscow/Pullman Airport (PUW). About 6 miles from the school. This is a small commercial airport served by Alaska/Horizon through the Seattle hub. It is very convenient, but not always the cheapest; definitely worth checking because it’s so close.
2) Lewiston, Idaho (LWS). About 35 miles from the school. This is a small commercial airport served by Delta and United.
3) Spokane, WA. (GEG). About 87 miles from the school, but there is never any traffic so it takes only about 90 minutes. This is a medium-sized airport, but the biggest in the whole Inland Northwest. Airlines include: Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United. Often this airport is the cheapest, because of the competition and volume.
Hotels: Several hotels are within walking distance of the school.
- The Best Western University Inn (less than half a mile from the school). Best Western does provide complimentary shuttles to the Moscow-Pullman airport. They have a group rate if you tell them you’re with the conference (you’ll have to call).
- Fairfield Inn & Suites (less than half a mile from the school)
- Studio One Hotel (literally across the street from the school)
- La Quinta (about 1 mile away from the school)
Within 10 miles of the school, there are another dozen hotel options.
- There are currently no COVID restrictions on us in the city of Moscow or in the State of Idaho. We intend to host the training without any COVID restrictions. Anyone who chooses is, of course, welcome to wear a mask.
- Other Classical Christian publishers and educators will have representatives and material at the training, including Canon Press.
- Dress for the training is casual. Days will be hot and evenings can be a bit cool.