————- GENERAL ————-
New Development Director: We are pleased to announce the hire of Derek Mojure as our new development director. Derek has 19 years of involvement with Christian, classical education. Having first read Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning in 1994, he co-founded Oak Hill Classical School, with his wife Christy, in 2006. Additionally, he served as interim head of Oak Hill during a significant transitional period for the school. Primarily for the last twelve years, Derek has worked in development. He is the co-founder of Arete Scholars Fund which operates in Georgia and Louisiana where he served as president for ten years. For the last two years, Derek has served in development at New Saint Andrews College. Most significantly, Derek has been married to Christy for twenty-six years and together they have five children with three enrolled at Logos School.
Logos Office Hours this summer will be: 9 am – 12 pm, Mon – Thu, closed Fridays.
————- ELEMENTARY ————-
Enrollment: We currently have elementary openings in afternoon preschool, kindergarten, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade. Now is a great time to apply!
The Elementary Supply List for 2022-23 is posted on the Parent Portal: https://logosschool.com/for-parents/parent-portal/
Note: A minor change to the school supply list. Grades 3-6 should purchase Prismacolor brand colored pencils specifically. This is our only drawing tool for art and the product is far superior to other colored pencils like Crazy Art and Crayola. These will be used all year. Because they are about $1 a pencil, plan ahead and shop online for best deals. Walmart carries a set that is $17 for a set of 24. Prismacolor has a discounted, but also very good line called Prismacolor Scholar that can be found online for about 50¢ per pencil. Walmart carries a 48-count pack for $24 that could be divided between two siblings. Here are links to the best prices on Prismacolor sets. We recommend the 24 packs because students may need the extra colors. But if cost is a major factor, 12 good pencils are better than 24 bad ones.
- Prismacolor 24 pack Walmart $17
- Prismacolor 12 pack Walmart $13
- Prismacolor 24 pack Amazon $17
- Prismacolor Scholar 24 pack Amazon $13
- Prismacolor Scholar 12 pack Amazon $9
————- SECONDARY ————-
The Secondary Supply List for 2022-23 is posted on the Parent Portal: https://logosschool.com/for-parents/parent-portal/ Note the separate explanation of calculators to get.
Course Selection for secondary students (electives for all grades, as well as senior class options) will be made at the end of July.
- Senior Course Options: 12th Graders who will be participating in senior course options (college/online courses and internships) should be thinking about their proposals for next year. These are due on August 15th to Mr. Wiggins via email, or earlier if possible. See the school webpage for details.
- Algebra Tutor: This year we are offering an elective to assist 7-10th grade students in algebra concepts. For students who are especially struggling in math this will be an opportunity for them to receive additional instruction two days a week.
————- ACTIVITIES ————
Sports Physicals: Our School Trainer, Mr. Andrew Becker, is offering physicals to Logos students on Saturday, July 23rd and Saturday, August 6th. Please schedule appointments through Story Family Medicine. You do not have to be a member of Story Family Medicine. There is no charge for the physicals though donations are encouraged. All proceeds go to the Logos Athletic Training Department. Physicals are required to participate in athletics for all students entering grades 6, 9, and 11. If you are new to Logos or if your student did not compete in athletics at Logos last year a physical is still required. Physical forms are available on the School Website.
Positions Open (contact Mr. Lopez)
- Head Coach: We are looking for a Girls HS basketball coaches for the 2022-23 school year.
- AD Office Staff: The Activities Department has an opening for a part-time secretary for next year. Duties include assisting with communication, paperwork, and accounting. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred but not required.
——— LOOKING AHEAD ——–
Aug 22 First Day of School
Assistant Superintendent, Logos School