LOGOS SCHOOL UPDATE – 2022 – Summer #2 (June 22, 2022)
Logos Office Hours this summer will be: 9 am – 12 pm, Mon – Thu, closed Fridays. Closed July 4th, and the week of July 11th.
————- ELEMENTARY ————-
New Hire: We are pleased to announce that Knox Merkle will be teaching 8th grade Latin and 3rd grade Latin at the main campus. Consaluto Mr. Merkle!
Enrollment: We currently have elementary openings in afternoon preschool, kindergarten, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade. Now is a great time to apply!
————- SECONDARY ————-
Senior Course Options: 12th Graders who will be participating in senior course options (college/online courses and internships) should be thinking about their proposals for next year. These are due on August 15th to Mr. Wiggins via email, or earlier if possible. See the school webpage for details.
————- ACTIVITIES ————
Our School Trainer, Mr. Andrew Becker, is offering physicals to Logos students on Saturday, July 23rd and Saturday, August 6th. Please schedule appointments through Story Family Medicine. You do not have to be a member of Story Family Medicine. There is no charge for the physicals though donations are encouraged. All proceeds go to the Logos Athletic Training Department. Physicals are required to participate in athletics for all students entering grades 6, 9, and 11. If you are new to Logos or if your student did not compete in athletics at Logos last year a physical is still required. Physical forms are available on the School Website.
Summer Camp Update:
Multiple Summer camps begin next week. Some have adjusted their days and times to accommodate families attending the Memorial Service for Jim Wilson. Please note the changes below:
- Cross Country Camps, XC1 and XC2, will begin on Monday rather than Tuesday. The camp will skip Wednesday and conclude on Thursday. Times remain the same. Contact Josiah Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. The camp location will be at Robinson Park.
- Watercolor Camp, SW1c, will begin on Tuesday and skip Wednesday. This is a boys-only camp that was added by popular demand for the class. A few seats are available.
- Creative Writing Camp, SCW, will begin Monday as scheduled. Wednesday’s session will begin at 1:00 pm instead of noon. This camp has openings.
- Bonhom Lacrosse (LX1) will begin the following week at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, July 6 at Oyler field.
- There is still time to sign up for these camps and more. Flower Camp, Latin Camp, CPR, Football, and Volleyball are all still open to register. You can find the camp registration form on the school website and you can confirm your students registration and payment on the summer camp spreadsheet.
Positions Open (contact Mr. Lopez)
- Head Coach: We are looking for a Girls HS basketball coaches for the 2022-23 school year.
- AD Office Staff: The Activities Department has an opening for a part-time secretary for next year. Duties include assisting with communication, paperwork, and accounting. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred but not required.
——— LOOKING AHEAD ——–
July 6-8 Summer Training
Aug 22 First Day of School
Assistant Superintendent, Logos School