————- GENERAL ————-
Fight’n Knight Day: This Friday students can wear a Fight’n Knight shirt to school in support of our HS Track athletes who have qualified for state. The team will be competing Friday and Saturday in Middleton.
————- ELEMENTARY ————-
Last Day for:
- Tu/Th Preschool: May 19
- M/W/F Preschool: May 20
- Kindergarten: May 20. Kindergarten Graduation at the Nazarene campus: Mrs. Berry 9:00 a.m.; Mrs. Amy Snell 10:00 a.m.; Mrs. Jacquie Snell 11:00 a.m.
- Logos South students: Tuesday, May 24. Due to parking constraints, Mrs. Handel will be distributing year-end awards in the classrooms. Dismissal times: 1st 11:20; 2nd 11:30. Students are welcome to wear their Fight’n Knight shirt and jeans in anticipation of Field Day events later this afternoon.
Elementary Teacher Workday: no school for all elementary students on Monday, May 23 (secondary students will have school this day).
Field Day for 1st-6th graders will be held at East City Park on Tuesday, May 24. We will start at 1:30 and end at 3:00. We are not providing transportation back to Logos. Please plan on picking up your student(s) at 3:00. After dismissal from school (11:20 South 1st grade, 11:30 South 2nd grade, 11:50 main campus) students can go home, change clothes, have lunch, and meet us at East City Park.
The 3rd-6th Grades Upper-Elementary Awards Ceremony will take place next Wednesday morning (May 25) from 9:30-10:30. School starts at the normal time. We will meet in the gym to distribute year-end awards to our 3rd – 6th grade students. After the ceremony, the students will return to their classrooms for a few minutes to receive their report cards and to say farewell. They will be dismissed at about 10:30 and that will be the official end of the elementary school year. Students need to wear their dress uniform for this event.
Lower Elementary New Hire: We are very pleased to announce that Mrs. Bonnie Sentz will be joining us as our afternoon preschool teacher. She will be teaching Mrs. Brockwalder’s afternoon class as well as the new Tues./Thurs. class. Mrs. Sentz has supported Logos as a regular substitute teacher, and she is looking forward to serving our youngest students and their families next year. Please thank Mrs. Brockwalder for her faithful work this year and congratulate and welcome Mrs. Sentz the next time you see her!
Upper Elementary New Hires:
We are pleased to announce the following new hires:
–Katie Close: 6th grade Latin
–Rachel Thompson: 5th grade Latin
–Kayte Casebolt: 4th grade Latin
–Miram Barreth: 3rd grade Latin
–June Kern: 3rd and 4th grade Art
————- SECONDARY ————-
Secondary Finals Schedule: The secondary finals schedule for Spring 2022 can be accessed here.
————- ACTIVITIES ————
Summer Camps are now open for registration. Activities include volleyball, football, basketball, lacrosse, cross country, camping, gardening, painting, writing, and Latin. There is something for everyone. The camp form is available online on the school website. Please use a separate registration form for each student.
- Head Coach: We are looking for boys and girls HS basketball coaches for the 2022-23 school year. If you or someone you know is interested in coaching next year please contact Patrick Lopez
- Coach: We are also looking for JH and JV coaches for Volleyball and Cross Country. Contact Mr. Lopez if you are interested in a coaching position.
- AD Office Staff: The Activities Department has an opening for a part-time secretary for next year. Duties include assisting with communication, paperwork, and accounting. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred but not required. If interested, please contact Mr. Lopez in the Activities Department to apply.
——— LOOKING AHEAD ———
5/28 Logos Graduation, at the Nazarene Church at 2pm. All Logos parents are welcome.
8/22 First Day of School