We have been blessed with ~90 new student applications for the 2011-12 school year, and we are excited to announce the following plans as we prepare for these new students:
1. Ms. Laura Shaw has been hired to teach our second 1st Grade class. The plan is to have this class meet in the new portable that should be coming within the next few weeks. Laura has been a substitute teacher for the past few years and she was our afternoon secretary last year. She has been a great asset to the school for a number of years and we are looking forward to having her teach full-time this coming year.
2. Mrs. Dianne Bradley (AM) and Ms. Chelsea Jones (PM) have been hired to teach our 2/3 Combo class. We are planning to have this class meet in the new portable as well. Dianne will continue to teach 6th grade in the afternoons.
3. Mrs. Connie Kimmell will be teaching full time in our regular 2nd grade classroom in order to allow Chelsea to spend her afternoons teaching the 2/3 Combo.
4. Now that we have created these two new classes, we are providing the opportunity for students in the larger classes (1st-Mrs. McIvor-19 students, 2nd-Mrs. Kimmell-23 students, and 3rd-Mrs. Jordan-23 students) to move to the new smaller classes (1st-Ms. Shaw-7 students, 2/3 Combo-Mrs. Bradley/Ms. Jones-8 students). Please contact the front office for details.
5. Mrs. Jill Ross has been hired to teach Functions & Statistics to our 11th graders. Mrs. Ross earned her bachelor’s of science in Mathematics from the US Coast Guard Academy and a master’s degree in Operations Research at Stanford University. She is passionate about teaching, has a strong background in math and we are excited to have her at Logos this coming year.
6. Two of our current secondary teachers have added a few classes in order to move to full-time status: Mr. Loren Euhus will be teaching Apologetics, Biblical Interpretation, Pre-Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Algebra 1, and Algebra 2. Mrs. Carla Courtney will be teaching English 7, English 8, European History, Church History, and World Geography, and Mr. Wes Struble, who was already full-time, will be adding Geometry to his schedule of science classes.
7. A few of our part-time secondary teachers have picked up a class or two as well: Ms. Melissa Dow will be teaching Rhetoric IV, Civics, Greek, and 7th Grade US History. Mr. Brian Kohl will be teaching Latin 7, Latin 8, and Classical History.
We are very grateful for the high caliber teachers that God has blessed the school with over the years, and we are confident that these new hires and adjustments will even further enhance the environment at Logos next year.
Elementary PE: Our elementary PE program is staffed by volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering to help out by teaching your child’s PE class, please contact me this summer. Each PE class meets twice a week for 30 minutes.